Aim of the Test :-
To discover and encourage students who have the capacity for original and creative thinking, readiness to attack unfamiliar and non-routine problems exhibiting a general mathematical ability appropriate to their level.
Eligible Classes :-
Students from Schools, Junior Colleges of all boards, Degree Colleges and Technological Institutions in India and also Schools affiliated to the CBSE abroad.
|1||Primary||Gauss Contest||V and VI Standards|
|2||Sub Junior||Kaprekar Contest||VII and VIII Standards|
|3||Junior||Bhaskara Contest||IX and X Standards|
|4||Inter||Ramanujan Contest||XI and XII Standards|
|5||Senior||Aryabhata Contest||Degree Classes in Arts, Science & Technical Colleges|
MEDIUM: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil or Telugu (at present).
*The medium for Senior Level is English only.
Time Schedule :-
|Last Date for entries||15-07-2015 *|
|Preliminary Test||22nd August 2015, (Saturday) 2 to 4pm|
|Despatch of 10% best results||31.08.2015|
|Final Test||31st October 2015 (Saturday) 1 to 4 pm|
|Despatch of Answer Books||same day (only by Speed post)|
|Announcement of Results||By the end of the December 2015|
|*late entries may not be entertained|
The syllabus for Mathematics Olympiad (Regional, National and International) is pre-degree college mathematics.
The areas covered are, mainly :-
- Number theory
- Graph theory & combinatorics
Polynomials, Solving equations, inequalities and complex numbers.
Geometry of triangles and circles.(Trigonometric methods, vector methods, complex number methods, transformation geometry methods can also be used to solve problems)
Divisibility, Diophantine equations, congruence relations, prime numbers and elementary results on prime numbers.
Combinatorics & Graph Theory:
Counting techniques, pigeonhole principle, principle of inclusion and exclusion, basic graph theory.Problems pertaining to these concepts will be of non-routine type with difficulty level increasing from RMO to INMO to IMO.
Further to motivate this type of thinking from Class V onwards questions solvable by the best with clear knowledge of the concepts introduced to them applied to problem solving will be set for primary (V & VI), sub-Junior (VII & VIII), Junior (IX & X) and Inter (XI & XII).
A glance at the Questions & Solutions of previous years and the books published by the AMTI will facilitate students at all levels to understand the nature of Olympiad examinations.
Special Points to note :-
- Entries in the pro forma enclosed only will be processed.
- Last date of receipt here, in our office at Chennai will be 15th July 2015 for entries and DD or cash.
- The exact registered name of the institution as the bank should be incorporated in the application form. There have been instances of names not registered suitably with post offices and banks as our communications were not delivered. It is to be ensured by the applying institution.
- For final examination candidates should report only at the centers fixed and no change will be permitted. If for any reason they are unable to do so, they will forfeit the chance. No further claim will be entertained. Candidates may report with photo ID cards in the center for taking the final exam.
- The results are declared after taking enough care, checking and cross checking only. No claim for change will be entertained.
- Communications are sent by post or courier well on time. Individual reminders cannot be done except for emergency by telephone or email.
- This is a talent contest at all India level for final, marks alone do not speak. We may decide merit holders by interviews also, if found necessary.
- Centers for final level will be intimated to participating schools later.
FOLLOW UP PROGRAMME
- Cash Awards to the top 3 winners in each level at the finals, (1st position Rs.5000/-, 2nd Rs.2500/- and 3rd Rs.1250/-), Merit Certificates for them and others selected at the final level with some cash award for the latter also will be given based on their revealing a reasonable level of mathematical maturity. All the students selected on the Final Level Test will get a certificate and a cash award. Enrichment contact courses are likely to be organized for the promising toppers.
- Scholarship effective from 2010 onwards:
- For those who get selected at INMO through AMTI, an adhoc sum of Rs. 10000/-(Rupees Ten thousand) each will be given.
- For those who get selected for IMO from them a sum of Rs. 20000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand) each will be given.
Note: For More Information Visit: amtionline.com