The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science. The program aims to identify and encourage talented and motivated students to pursue a career in research.
Generous fellowship and contingency grant are provided to the selected KVPY Fellows up to the pre Ph.D. level or 5 years whichever is earlier. Besides, summer camps for the KVPY Fellows are organized in prestigious research and educational institutions in the country.
KVPY identifies students with talent and aptitude for research; help them realize their academic potential; encourage them to take up research careers in Science, and ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country. Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students are called for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure. For receiving a fellowship, both aptitude test and interview marks are considered
KVPY 2019 ADMIT CARD
KVPY 2019 admit card has been released. Students can now download the admit card from the official website
or download directly From Here
KVPY 2019 will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science(IISc) Bangalore on November 3, 2019.
Steps to download KVPY 2019 Admit Card
- visit the official website: http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/index.htm
- Click on KVPY 2019 admit card link.
- Enter login details in the login window and submit it.
- Click on admit card.
- Download admit card and check if all the details are correct.
- Take a printout of it and keep it safe.
ELIGIBILITY – KVPY 2019
Stream SA: Students enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2019-20 and having secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board examination immediately in the preceding academic year are eligible to appear for Aptitude test.
Stream SX: Students enrolled in XII Standard/ (+2) (Science subjects) during the academic year 2019–20 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. for the session 2020–21 provided they have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/ Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination during the academic year 2017-18 are eligible to appear for the Aptitude test.
Stream SB: Students enrolled in the 1st year of the undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2019–20 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII Standard Board Examination are eligible to appear for the Aptitude test. In the 1st year final examination of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. they must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship if awarded.
KVPY 2019 Exam Pattern
|Streams||SA, SB, and SX|
|Number of test cities||99|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Medium of Exam||English & Hindi|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Duration of Exam||180 Minutes|
|Number of Qualified candidates||SA- 75, SB- 66, SX- 144|
KVPY 2019 Exam Schedule
The KVPY 2019 Important dates are as follows:
|Online Application Process begins||8 July 2019|
|Last date for submitting Forms||20 August 2019|
|KVPY Admit card||7 October 2019|
|KVPY 2019 Exam Date||3 November 2019|
|KVPY 2019 Result declaration||Third week of December 2019|
|Interview schedule||Third week of January 2020|
Aptitude Test: Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams will be called for aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country on Sunday, the 3rd November 2019.
Admit Card: Students may download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website from the third week of October 2019.
Interview: Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be asked to appear for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
There is no prescribed syllabus available for the written test. However, students are tested for the syllabus up to class XII and as per the stream selected.
- Stream SA: In stream SA, the KVPY exam covers all the corresponding science syllabus of Class XI.
- Stream SX: In stream SX, the KVPY exam covers all the corresponding science syllabus of Class XII.
- Stream SB: In stream SB, the KVPY exam covers all the corresponding science syllabus of first year under graduates hence the aspirants will be tested for the KVPY Syllabus in Maths, Physics, chemistry of 1st year B.Sc. /B.S. /B.Stat. /B.Math. /Int. M.Sc. /M.S. as applicable
KVPY 2019 Scholarship
To encourage innovative minds to take up research careers, the program offers monthly fellowship of
- SA/SX/SB- during 1st to 3rd years of UG/PG courses- Rs.5,000 and annual contingency grants of ₹20,000 during an undergraduate course
- SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat. – Rs.7,000/- and annual contingency grants of ₹28,000 during M.Sc/ M.S.
KVPY (SA) 2019 OnlineTest Series
ALLEN’s KVPY Online Test Series is your guide to excelling in one of the most prestigious exams in the country, wherein young minds are encouraged to take up a career in research. ALLEN’s KVPY 2019 Test Series abides by the standards of KVPY test pattern. The questions and evaluation of answers of the online KVPY test series follow the precise format as followed in KVPY (SA) . Moreover, with the unique interactive performance analysis of ALLEN Online Test Series, you can analyse your performance in-depth which will further lay a stronger foundation for the actual KVPY exam.
Kick start your KVPY preparation with ALLEN’s KVPY-SA 2019 Online Test Series.
KVPY Free Mock Test & Past Year Papers
The unique blend of ALLEN’s KVPY online mock test papers along with free past year KVPY papers will help students to contemplate and plan their preparation for the upcoming exam. Peculiarly curated by profound team, ALLEN KVPY test series focuses on providing the candidate with actual KVPY stage 1 & stage 2 online tests simulation for SA stream. With the right skill-set and confidence, the candidate can strive for the best results in KVPY 2019.
KVPY is a time-based examination. To accommodate to the KVPY paper pattern, one needs to practice through mock tests and further analyse their performance in the same. After concluding the KVPY online mock test, a detailed analysis of the performance will be provided to the aspirant. Through KVPY mock tests, students can practice for the exam from anywhere and learn about the instructions and the procedure for the KVPY exam.
Preparation Tips to ace the KVPY exam
Make a study plan and stay focused
When you have just one month to cover a vast syllabus, a study plan is a must for effective utilisation of the time. Give equal attention to all the subjects and reserve an hour daily in your study plan for important topics. Be disciplined and try to complete every topic in decided time.
Identify and utilise all the useful resources
Choose the study material (such as books, online lectures, YouTube videos etc.) which can help you understand all the concepts with an ease. Seek help from teachers or subject experts on the topics which you find quite tricky and baffling. If time allows, try to make hand-written notes as it helps in retaining concepts for long.
Kick start your KVPY preparation with ALLEN’s KVPY-SX 2019 Online Test Series
Self-analysis of accuracy and efficiency to track the improvements
Scoring well in KVPY exam requires more than just sound academics. You need to solve all the questions within a time bound, which makes efficiency as important as accuracy. Along with a clear understanding of the subject matters, you should also work on your efficiency by taking mock tests once or twice a week. Analyse your performance in each mock test and find the areas where you make frequent mistakes. This self-analysis will help you identify the areas of improvement.
Individual subject preparation
- Physics: Be thorough in Mechanics, electromagnetism, and ray optics. Focus on the topics such as simple harmonic motion, thermodynamics and waves. ‘Concepts of Physics’ by H. C. Verma and ‘Understanding Physics’ by D. C. Pandey are highly recommended to study Physics for KVPY.
- Chemistry: Focus on inorganic chemistry and try to cover every single topic in it. Go through coordination chemistry and chemical bonding in inorganic chemistry. While studying physical chemistry and organic chemistry, focus should be on the topics such as electrochemistry, mole concept, and chemical equilibrium. ‘Solomons and Fryhle’s Organic Chemistry’ by Wiley, ‘Physical Chemistry’ by R.C. Mukherjee, and ‘Problems in Physical Chemistry’ by Narendra Awasthi are the best books to study chemistry for KVPY. To study inorganic chemistry, you need not go beyond NCERT books.
- Mathematics: Complex numbers, permutation and combination, and probability and binomial theorem are important in Algebra. In Trigonometry, equations and inverse trigonometry are important. Definite integration in calculus, vectors and 3D geometry should be given extra attention as they are quite tricky at times. Prefer using the books ‘Mathematics’ by R. D. Sharma and ‘TOMATO (Test of Mathematics at the 10+2 Level)’ by ISI (Indian Statistical Institute) to prepare for KVPY’s Mathematics.
- Biology: Biomolecules, biotechnology, cell biology, genetics, and health and diseases are important. Biology is comparatively easier than the other subjects in KVPY. As more than 80% of the topics are available in NCERT books, you need not refer any other biology books to study for KVPY.
Revision is the key to reinforce the weak areas
Once you’ve identified the subject areas that require improvement, you should revise the concerned topics again. Have a day in your study plan reserved for weekly revisions. For reducing the chances of forgetting the things you’ve studied so far, you must keep on revising everything on the syllabus, giving more attention to the weak topics.