KCET stands for Karnataka Common Entrance Exam, which is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). It is held every year for the admission of the candidates in various colleges and Universities of Karnataka. Private Unaided Minority, Private Non-Minority, Government and Government Aided institutions and colleges participate in KCET and offer courses related to engineering and medical, to the qualified candidates.
- Candidates should have passed class 12th/ 2nd PUC/ Equivalent Exam with Mathematics a mandatory subject and attained minimum aggregate of 45% Marks (40% for ST/ SC candidates) in Mathematics, Physics along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Electronics.
- Candidates should have studied above mentioned subjects in English.
- In addition to this, only Karnataka resident with proof of their residency will be entitled to write KCET 2016.
- Provision for candidates outside Karnataka is that they can write KCET only if they have studied, at least, 7 years in Karnataka.
Karnataka CET 2016 Important Tentative Dates (official notification will be released soon)
|Applications Form will be Available From||4th week of January 2016|
|Last Date for Sending Application Request||1st week of March 2016|
|Last Date to Submit Application Fee||1st week of March 2016|
|Issuance of Admission Ticket will Start from||3rd week of April 2016|
|KCET 2016||4 and 5 May 2016|
|Kannada Language Test will be on||2nd week of May 2016|
|Agriculture Quota Practical Exam will be Held on||3rd week of May 2016|
|Result of KCET will be Declared on||1st week of June 2016|
|Counselling of KCET 2016||1st week of June 2016|
KCET 2016 Exam Schedule
|4 May 2016||10:00 am to 11:50 pm||Biology|
|4 May 2016||02:30 pm to 03:50 pm||Mathematics|
|5 May 2016||10:00 am to 11:50 pm||Physics|
|5 May 2016||02:30 pm to 03:50 pm||Chemistry|
|6 May 2016||11:30 am to 12:30 pm||Both for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga Candidate|
KCET 2016 Application Form
The application form of KCET 2016 will be released in the month of January 2016. The application procedure of the exam will be as below:
- Visit the official website of KCET (kea.kar.nic.in) (Direct link to registration portal will be provided here as well).
- Click on the link directing to ‘KCET 2016 Application Form’
- Fill all the required details.
- Upload photograph and signature.
- Submit KCET 2016 application request.
- To obtain application form offline, candidates can go to certain colleges and school even institutions where application form of KCET 2016 will be available.
- The offline application form should be filled with blue ball point pen and in neat handwriting. No cutting or scribbling should be done on it.
- Candidates are to send their application form with certain documents to KEA’s office.
- The application fee of KCET can be paid through Bank or Post Office, by generating Challan from the State Bank of Indian. In return, candidates will receive a receipt, copy of which is again to be sent with the application form.
KCET 2016 Exam Pattern
- Exam pattern of KCET will include three paper:
- Physics, Chemistry and Maths for engineering candidates.
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology for medical candidates.
- Each exam will of 60 marks each and candidates will have to solve 60 MCQ’s.
- For a correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted and no provision for negative marking will be applied. Applicants will have to give Kannada language exam as well. This exam will be of 50 marks and candidates will have to score at least 12 marks to pass this exam.
KCET Syllabus 2016
Physical World & Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy & Power, Motion of System of particles & Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory of gases, Oscillations & Waves, Practical Oriented questions
Some Basic concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements, Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry: some basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, Practical Oriented Questions.
Sets and Function, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics and Probability.