JEE aspirants can start registering for the exam scheduled to be held on 8 April 2018 (paper based) and 15, 16 April 2018 (computer based).
-Online registration portal will be open till 1 January 2018.
–Application process begins at jeemain.nic.in.
JEE Main 2018 online registration has begun. Joint Entrance Exam is the national level engineering entrance exam conducted by CBSE. It is to be conducted for admission in under-graduate courses offered by IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTs (other institutions).
JEE aspirants can start registering for the exam scheduled to be held on 8 April 2018 (paper based) and 15, 16 April 2018 (computer based). Online registration portal will be open till 1 January 2018.
Sh. Brajesh Maheshwari, Director of ALLEN Career Institute said, “The whole application process this year will take place online. No hard copies of the application forms will be accepted. Aadhaar number is mandatory for registration. CBSE has made it mandatory to have an Aadhaar card to apply for the exam. Such candidates who already have an Aadhaar card will have to enter their aadhaar number in their application form. Those who have applied for their Aadhaar but have not received it yet will have to provide Aadhaar Enrolment Id in the application form”.
JEE Main 2018 Update: Check Important Dates, Instructions, Exam Centers and Information Bulletin
Regarding examination fee, applicants shall have to pay prescribed amount plus credit/ debit card charges and GST. ‘The fee may be submitted either by any credit/debit card or through e-Challan of Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI.’ Applicants can also opt for ‘exam fee calculator’ available on the registration portal.
Clearing the JEE Main and Advanced papers will make candidates eligible for admission to Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) courses at Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) across India.
JEE Main 2018 Registration Important highlights
- Before applying for the JEE Main 2018, Candidates must read all the instructions carefully as given in Information bulletin and check their eligibility.
- CBSE will also provide a correction window for application form.
- Keep in your hand scanned copy of passport size photographs, signature and thumb impression for registration process.
- Images should be only in JPG and JPEG Format.
- Once you have successfully submitted application fee, it is advised to every student please take a copy of printout for acknowledgement purpose.
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates who passed or appearing in 12th or equivalent exam in 2016 & 2017 will be eligible.
- Candidates who have appeared with 5 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and one other elective subject) will be eligible.
- A candidates whose date of birth fall on or after 1st October 1993 will be eligible (Five year relaxation will be provided to SC/ST candidates).
- For admission into IITs, NITs, and CFTs; Candidate needs to secure 75% marks (65% Marks for SC/ST Candidates). There are no minimum criteria for appearing in JEE Main.
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory for Registration process.
- Candidates can appear three times.