Know About RAS Exam – Pattern & Eligibility Criteria
The RAS exam, or Rajasthan Administrative Service examination, is a highly competitive civil service examination conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) in the state of Rajasthan (India). The exam is held to recruit candidates for various administrative positions in the state government.
RAS exam is conducted in three stages:
- Preliminary Examination: This is the first stage and is conducted to screen candidates for the Main Examination. It consists of objective-type questions covering subjects such as General Knowledge and General Science.
- Main Examination: Candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Examination move on to the Main Examination, which consists of four papers:
- General Studies I
- General Studies II
- General Studies III
- General Hindi and General English
- Interview (Personality Test): The final stage of the RAS exam is the interview, where candidates are assessed on their personality, communication skills, and general awareness. The interview panel may ask questions about the candidate’s educational background, interests, and current affairs.
Successful candidates who clear all three stages are appointed to various administrative services in Rajasthan, such as the Rajasthan Administrative Service, Rajasthan Police Service, Rajasthan Accounts Service, etc. RAS officers play a crucial role in the implementation of government policies, decision-making, and public service in the state administration.
What is the eligibility criteria for the RAS exam?
The eligibility criteria for the RAS (Rajasthan Administrative Service) exam include the following:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit:
- The minimum age limit is usually 21 years.
- The maximum age limit is generally 40 years.
- Age relaxation is provided for candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC, etc.).
- Educational Qualification:
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification.
- There is no specific restriction regarding the field of study for the bachelor’s degree.
- Physical Fitness:
- Certain posts may have specific physical standards, and candidates need to meet those standards. This is particularly relevant for positions in the Rajasthan Police Service.
- Number of Attempts:
- The number of attempts is generally limited and varies for different categories.
- The number of attempts is counted until the candidate reaches the maximum age limit.
Candidates are advised to carefully go through the official notification issued by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) for the specific details of eligibility criteria for the RAS exam. The eligibility criteria may be subject to change, and it is essential for aspirants to stay updated with the latest information provided by the RPSC.
Click Here to Know More About ALLEN ACE RAS Courses.