Syllabus update of XII CBSE Physics for session-2022-23
As CBSE has released syllabus for session-2022-23 for XII, students are curious to know about changes & major features of this syllabus.
We were expecting that CBSE will add the deleted portion of syllabus for session 2022-23, but apart from that CBSE made some amendments also, which are worth noting.”
- Potentiometer is totally removed from theory as well as practical.
- Cyclotron is not included.
- Electromagnets and their applications are not included.
- Scattering and its applications- blue colour of sky and reddish appearance of Sun at sunrise and sunset are excluded.
- Resolving powers of telescope and microscope along with polarization & Malus law are kept excluded.
- Radioactivity along with mean life & half-life remain excluded.
- Optoelectronic devices- photo diode, LED & solar cell are removed, as well as Zener diode, transistor & logic gates are not included.
Special features Additions:
Some of the derivations are replaced by direct formula application, such as:
- Expression for energy stored by capacitor.
- Expression for fringe width in YDSE.
Quantitative (numerical) treatments are replaced by qualitative treatments:
- Magnetic field due to solenoid.
- Solenoid as bar magnet.
- Magnetic dipole derivations.
- Transverse nature of EMW
- Width of central maxima in diffraction pattern
- Hydrogen line spectra
- Semiconductors & insulators
Changes in practical syllabus:
- Two practical’s, to find focal lengths for concave & convex mirrors are added back.
- One more practical is added: to find refractive index of a liquid using concave mirror.