Ankit Lalchandani has got AIR- 10 in AIPMT 2010 and is now a Junior Resident (General Surgery), AIIMS Bhopal
Passion, perseverance, and hard work decode the success saga of Dr. Ankit Lalchandani who got AIR-10 in AIPMT in the year 2010. With the noble sole aim to give his best to his patients in whichever way he can, Dr. Ankit successfully completed his MBBS from AIIMS, New Delhi, and is currently working as a Junior Resident, the Department of General Surgery at AIIMS Bhopal. He also worked as a Junior Resident in the Dept of Orthopaedics at JPNATC, AIIMS (New Delhi) from Jan 2016-Dec 2016.
An Inner Calling to become a Doctor
Becoming a Doctor, that too from the best institute in the country is definitely not a cake-walk. Only a few lucky ones, who have the passion and patience to put in a good amount of hard work, can actually pull it off. For Dr. Ankit, it was his passion that he made his career. He says, “I think it was more of an inner calling. Having seen my father work as an orthopedician was definitely one. Also, the respect accorded to the profession and the job security associated with it was also a plus point”.
A native of Bilaspur, he studied there up till class 10th and later moved to Kota in 2008 for a couple of years to study at ALLEN. Belonging to a middle class family, his father is a doctor (orthopaedician) and mother, a homemaker. He also has a younger brother who completed his MBBS from UCMS, New Delhi.
Meet Ankit Lalchandani (AIR 10, AIPMT 2010), Doctor with sole aim to give his Best to his patients
After joining ALLEN, I became more and more confident of myself and realized the art of time management
When asked about his decision to join ALLEN he informs, “I had always been a sincere hardworking student but I did not know the right way to go about preparing for a competitive exam. Coming to ALLEN gave me a sense of direction regarding how to prepare for the competitive exams. I became more and more confident of myself. And I realized the art of time management. Although most of the faculties at ALLEN are well equipped with knowledge and training in the teaching methodology, I remember the classes of Alok Dani Sir, Mohit Sir, and Nipun Sir the most. They were really exceptional teachers and I feel indebted to them”.
Believes in enjoying life with fun and passion
His life journey up till now has taught him that to actually enjoy something and to give your best to it one has to be very passionate about it. As per him, money, accolades, and positions are all secondary outcomes and if we try to focus more on the secondary outcomes, we’ll miss the fun in life. This is his life’s philosophy which he tries to apply in whatever he does.
Advice to the aspirants for success
To the students preparing for competitive exams, he says, “ Focus on your goals, avoid distractions, and aim to have a disciplined life ”.
He plans to pursue gastrointestinal and minimal access surgery after completing MS from AIIMS Bhopal.
ALLEN was a place that gave me the right direction towards clearing PMT. The habits and discipline learned there have been helpful throughout my career
Legends of ALLEN Blogs
- Kanishh Tayal defied all odds to become a medico
- Service of mankind prompted her to become a doctor
- Dr Rupali Jain – A Dreamer who chased her dreams successfully
- Chitraang Murdia – A Prodigy and JEE Topper who studied at IIT, MIT & UC Berkeley
- Inspired from doctor parents, Dr Harsh became a doctor for a cause
- Dr Lokesh Agarwal – the topper for whom success is a way of life
- Accomplished mother’s dream of becoming a doctor to serve the people of hometown
- Compassion for the diseased and passion for the perfection made Arushi a consistent topper and a doctor
- Son of a doctor duo from Rajasthan’s small town, Rishav Bansal became a doctor to serve the society
- A small town boy to a Liver Transplant Surgeon, Fairy-tale of ALLEN Alumni Dr. Sahil Gupta
- An Aspirant Who Traversed Difficult Terrain – From A Hepatitis-B Suffering Student To A Neurosurgeon
- Inspiration to serve the society made Aditya a doctor
- Fascination for Science makes Yash a doctor, First Doctor from his Biz family
Legends of ALLEN Videos
- Meet Ankit Lalchandani (AIR 10, AIPMT 2010), Doctor with sole aim to give his Best to his patients
- #LegendsofALLEN Aishwarya Rathod (AIR 2, AIIMS 2012), The marvel & her constant quest for excellence
- Aishwarya Rathod (AIR 2, AIIMS 2012), The marvel & her constant quest for excellence
- Meet the Topper (All India Rank 1) of JEE Advanced 2014, Chitraang Murdia | Legends of ALLEN
- Meet Dr Harsh Nihlani, Whose Desire to Excel Made Him Attain Desired Success (AIR 10, AIPMT 2009)
- The Unparalleled Success Journey of Dr. Lokesh Agarwal (AIR 1, AIPMT 2010)
- Meet Dr. Srikant Mohta, Living His Mother’s Dream with Perfection (AIR 8, AIPMT 2009)
- Dr. Arushi Chaudhary | Story of a Strong Woman With Great Calibre | ALLEN Alumna (AIR 4, AIIMS 2008)
- Meet Dr. Rishav Bansal | AIR 3 in AIPMT 2008 | ALLEN Alumnus & Sr. Resident Geriatrician SDMH Jaipur
- Dr Sahil Gupta | Story of ALLEN Alumnus from a Small-Town Guy to Becoming a Liver Transplant Surgeon
- Meet Dr. Hardik Sardana | ALLEN Alumni & One of the Youngest Neurosurgeons | AIR 4 – AIPMT 2007
- Meet Aditya Mehta: AIR 8 AIPMT 2012 – Internal Medicine Resident at Western Michigan University, USA
- Meet Yash Mittal, AIR 2, AIIMS UG 2013: A Doctor, Cult Bike Rider, Occasional Singer & Avid Traveler