Here are the Important Tips for the Students Preparing for Class 10 Board and NTSE Exam
Class 10th is very important in the life of a student because after that the student chooses the subject for building his career. Since it is the first board exam so it is the most significant also, hence, along with the students, the parents are also serious about this exam. The result of this exam is the basis for the career of the student. Therefore, neither the parents nor the students want to remain in a state of doubt regarding the preparation for the 10th board exams.
Significance of Board Examination
Board exams hold an important place in the life of any student, so getting good marks and high percentage in board exams becomes a challenging issue for the students. On the basis of the percentage of the board, students get admission in top colleges and universities. Students strive to get admission in international universities like MIT, Oxford, University of Singapore, for which a good board percentage is essential. Whether a student searches for his career in science, arts, commerce, law or any other field, he has to prove his efficiency in every field.
Preparing for board exams teaches him the qualities of hard work, patience and time management, which are very important for his further student life. Explaining the importance of the board, the student should keep these things in mind during the preparation.
How to Score High in Class 10 Board & NTSE
- Do not take stress: As soon as the board exams come closer, the mental stress of the children and parents starts increasing, which is not right. Student should ensure his/her microplanning from the very beginning.
- Understand the pattern properly: Divide the syllabus into three categories according to the subject. First are the well know topics, second are the topics which needs revision, and the third category which bothers the most. Then make your study plan.
- Have a fixed weekly timetable: Before the exam date approaches, set a target for the week and plan for each day of the week.
- Solve objective-type questions: After going through the theory, practice multiple choice-based questions and, for this, take the help of board sample papers or coaching material. Concept-based questions can be asked in the objective pattern to the depth of the subject, so prepare more and more questions along with remembering the theory.
- Solve Mock Test Papers: Take guidance from your teachers and mentors to improve your writing skills for subjective exams.
- Focus on Board Books: Study the figure-based questions in the board carefully. Focus only on the books prescribed by the board.
- Do not rush in the exam: Read all four options carefully in the multiple-choice questions (MCQ) pattern, do not rush, and do not waste more time on any one question. After solving all the questions, give the remaining time to difficult questions.
- Maintain the biological clock of the body: Before the exam, maintain a good biological clock. Try to study daily at the time of the examination. Take care of food and health.
How to Prepare for National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)?
It is a nationally recognized examination for class 10th students. This exam is conducted in two phases. Stage-1 and Stage-2 exams have to be given after which they get scholarship in post-graduation. Every year 774 students from Maharashtra get selected in Stage-I. In Stage-2, 2000 students are selected from all over India. Both the SAT and MAT sections are of 100 marks each. Two hours are available for each section. Topics like Clock, Calendar, Figure Patterns, and Venn Diagrams are important in MAT. In MAT, students should practice solving questions in the stipulated time for scoring well in the MAT section. The ASAT section consists of questions from Science, Maths, and SST. Prepare for Science and SST from Maharashtra Board books. Ensure the direction of your preparation by solving the previous year’s question papers.