The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the safety guidelines for NEET-UG 2020 exam to be conducted in the month of September.
As per the advisory protocol issued by NTA, it has been ensured that students’ safety is taken care of duly and the exam is conducted following the social distancing norms. It is notable that around 15 lakh students from all across the country are to appear for the NEET-UG 2020 exam in September. And NTA is taking all necessary precautions to conduct the exams in the safest environment.
Touch-Free Exam Process
The NTA safety guideline has divided the exam in three parts; prior to exam, during exam and after exam. The whole process will be touch-free to prevent the virus infection. To prevent crowd of students, candidates will be given different reporting slots. This will ensure limited number of students at a particular time frame. Temperature check for the students and staff will happen and if anyone is found symptomatic, the candidate will have to give exam in an isolation room.
Temperature to be Checked Twice
Upon reaching the exam centre, one candidate will be called only after the other leaves. Apart from this, other documents will also be examined wherein student will have to show the admit card, government photo identity card etc. This entire process will take around 15-20 minutes and during this, no document of the student will be touched. Once the process is completed, temperature of the student will be checked once again. Student will be told the room number as well as the seat once the verification process gets over.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
- Face should be covered with mask and hand gloves should be worn
- Only transparent drinking water bottle can be carried
- There will be permission to bring along a 50 mL transparent hand sanitizer bottle
- To prevent cheating, students will be tested with a metal detector
- No type of metal product should be brought along
- Checking of students will take place without direct contact with the metal detector
- Keep all relevant documents related to the examination like admit card, official photo identity card
- Permission will have to be taken before visiting washrooms
Teachers Won’t Take Rounds in the Exam Room
Following the social distancing norms, invigilators will not take rounds inside the exam room. They’ll monitor students while sitting at a distance. Moreover, there will be only 50 percent of the workers present in the class. Prior to taking any kind of help from the invigilator or teacher on duty, student will have to sanitize hands and follow social distancing.
Safety Measures Inside Exam Hall
- Walls, table-chairs, computers, fans etc of the examination hall will be sanitized thoroughly prior to the commencement of the exam.
- To make sure students don’t find any difficulty in finding their allotted exam rooms, all room numbers in the corridor will be written in bold letters.
- For the first time, loudspeakers will be used during the examination so that candidates can be given information remotely.
- The test centre will test Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, after which NTA will use the jammer.