What is SPELLATHON ?
Spellathon is a spelling bee competition which requires students to identify the words and spell them out in different conditions with varying difficulty levels. Spelling bee competitions are a good way to improve pronunciations and enrich vocabulary. To compete, students must memorise the spellings of words as written in dictionaries, and recite them accordingly.
Who is Eligible for SPELLATHON?
Students of class 4 to 9 are eligible to take part in Spellathon.
How to Register for SPELLATHON?
You can register yourself by visiting any of our test centres. Registration forms are available at ALLEN PNCF buildings mentioned in the leaflet. Registration fee applicable is 100. You require 2 passport size photographs at the time of registration. Test centre for round 1 will be allotted by ALLEN.
Once you register for spellathon, you get a booklet called “Spellathon Guide”. Remember to collect your copy at the time of registration. Read it carefully as it has all the words you need throughout the competition, so learn them by heart. Around seventy percent words asked in round-1 will be from the booklet.
What one gets in Spellathon Guide?
Spellathon Guide contains the words for the competition. You’ll also find information on how to learn spelling bee words. This booklet will help you know –
- The tips for learning and practising spelling
- The pattern of questions to hone your skills.
- Wide range of commonly misspelled words.
- Many interesting words to master SPELLATHON.
It consists of multiple choice questions. Around seventy percent of the words asked in the competition are from ‘Spellathon Guide’ and rest are from outside the booklet.
- Number of questions: 50
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- No negative marking.
- Top-10 students from each class will be chosen for the final round.
- First round will be conducted on 1st December 2019.
- Time: 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
PRIZES AND CERTIFICATES
Each student securing 50 percent or more in the first round gets a participation certificate.
The grand finale will have various rounds in which students are asked to spell & pronounce different words in interesting ways.
Note: Students, qualifying for the Finale, will be informed about the time and venue through SMS.
Registration Forms Available At
1. ALLEN Career Institute, “SAMANVAYA”, C-210/2, Talwandi, Kota, (Raj.)
2. ALLEN Career Institute, “SAROKAR-2”, 608-A, Ambedkar Colony, Sector – A, Talwandi, Kota, (Raj.)
3. ALLEN Career Institute, “SAMYAK”, Landmark City, Bundi Road, Kota, (Raj.)
4. ALLEN Career Institute, “SUPATH”, Naya Nohra, Baran Road, Kota, (Raj.)
- Last date of Registration: 28th Nov.
- Eligibility: Students of Class 4 to 9
- Registration Fee: 100/-
- Become the Best Speller of Kota Open for all Students
Cambridge Asessment English
“SUKALP”, A-781 Indira Vihar, Kota (Rajasthan) India – 324005 Helpline: +91-9001099104, 0744-2752600
Visit – www.allenglobaledu.com