JEE (Main) 2022: Exam to be conducted in two sessions
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has decided to conduct the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) in two sessions. The candidates appearing for JEE (Main) 2022 will only get two attempts, unlike last year when they got four attempts. JEE (Main) 2022 exam dates are likely to be announced soon.
As per the NTA Website update, The Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main), will comprise two papers. Paper 1 will be conducted for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs (B.E/B.Tech.) at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions/Universities funded/recognized by participating State Governments. JEE (Main) is also an eligibility test for JEE (Advanced), which is conducted for admission to IITs. Paper 2 will be conducted for admission to B. Arch and B. Planning courses in the Country.
NTA has enumerated the following benefits behind its decision of announcing 2 attempts for JEE Main 2022:
- This will give two opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they are not able to give their best in one attempt.
- In the first attempt, the students will get first-hand experience of taking an examination and know their mistakes, which they can improve upon the second time.
- This will reduce the chances of dropping a year, and droppers would not have to waste an entire year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control (such as the Board examination), they will not have to wait for one year.
- A candidate need not appear in both Sessions. However, if a candidate appears in more than one session, their best of the JEE (Main) – 2022 NTA Scores will be considered for Merit List/ Ranking preparation.