The National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued a Public Notice on 29th July 2021 (Thursday) announcing the upload of the Provisional Answer Keys and the Question Paper with Recorded Responses for JEE (Main) 2021, Session 3. They are available on the official website for candidates to examine and challenge.
The JEE (Main) 2021, Session 3 was conducted throughout the country and abroad on 20th, 22nd, 25th, and 27th July 2021 in Computer Based Test (CBT) Mode.
Students can Challenge the Answer Key
The candidates, who are not convinced with the answer key, may challenge by following a procedure mentioned by NTA and paying a fee of ₹ 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) per question challenged. It is a non-refundable processing fee. This facility is available from 29th July 2021 to 31st July 2021 (up to 05:00 PM). The payment of the processing fee can be made through, Debit card/Credit Card/Net Banking/Paytm up to 31st July 2021 (up to 07:00 PM). No challenge will be entertained without the reception of the processing fee. There will be no other medium to accept the challenges.
How will the Challenges be verified?
The panel of subject experts will verify the challenges made by the candidates. If the challenge is found correct, the answer key will be revised accordingly. Based on the revised Final Answer Key, the result will be prepared and then be declared. No individual candidate will be informed about the acceptance/non-acceptance of their challenge in any case. The key finalized by the experts after the challenge will be final. No challenge will be accepted after 31st July 2021 (up to 05.00 PM).
Procedure for Challenging the Answer Key
1. Please visit the official JEE (Main) website https://jeemain.nta.nic.in
2. Click ‘Challenge (s) regarding Answer Key.’
3. Login with the Application Number and Date of Birth and enter Security Pin as displayed and Submit.
4. Click on ‘Challenge(s) regarding Answer Key.’
5. You will see the following Question IDs are in sequential order: For JEE (Main) – 2021 Session – 3 Paper 1: B.E./B.Tech 30+30+30 Questions Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics
6. The ID next to the question under the column ‘Correct Option’ stands for the most appropriate Answer Key to be used by NTA.
7. If you wish to challenge this option, you may use any one or more of the Option IDs given in the following four columns by clicking the check box
8. You may want to upload supporting documents to select ‘Choose File’ and upload (all documents to be put in a single pdf file).
9. After clicking your desired option for Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics for B.E. /B. Tech (Paper – 1), ‘Save your Claim’ and move to the next screen.
10. You will see a display of all the Option IDs you have challenged.
11. Click on ‘Save your Claim and Pay Fee Finally.’
12. Select Mode of Payment and Pay a non-refundable processing fee @ ₹ 200/- for each question challenged. Make payment through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/Paytm.