The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes at NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded technical institutions, institutions funded by several participating state governments and other institutions.
The JEE (Main) 2015 will be conducted from April 4 – 11, 2014.
The JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which candidates have to take if they are aspiring for admission to the UG courses offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad.
So as to register for the examination, candidates have to apply through the online mode only from the official website. No other mode of application would be entertained. The registrations have started yesterday, i.e on November 7, 2014 and will carry on till December 18, 2014.
How To Apply
Fill in the online application form, choose password and note down the application number generated by the system.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
- Pay examination fee by debit/credit card or e-challan (generated after submission of details in online application form).
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the computer generated acknowledgment slip after successful submission of data and payment of fee and keep the same in the safe custody for any future reference.
- The entire paper is of three-hour duration. There would be two papers – Paper I and Paper II.
- Paper I would contain Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Paper II would contain PCM, Drawing and Aptitude Test
- There would be total 96 questions and the maximum marks would be 360.
- Each correct answer would provide four marks and each negative answer would provide 1 mark.
- The admit cards for the examination would be provided from March 1, 2015.