Some Very Crucial & Not To Miss Pointers of Physical Chemistry
JEE Main 2022 Session 1 exam is around the corner. At this time, it is very important for the students to prepare for the exam by following the right strategy. Chemistry is considered the scoring subject among the three sections of the paper. So studying chemistry with the right plan will increase the scope of getting a good score in the exam.
To gain conceptual knowledge of the subject, students must focus on the NCERT Books, which help them enhance their problem-solving potential in Chemistry. It is recommended to go through some NCERT Lab manuals while preparing for the exam.
Important things to be remembered while preparing for JEE Main Chemistry
- Crystal Systems and Bravais Lattice, with examples
- Example in defects (with colour), electrical and magnetic properties of solids
- Examples and applications of adsorption
- Salient features of a solid catalyst and examples of enzyme catalysis
- Methods of preparation and properties of colloids (specially charge, Schulze–Hardy rules)
- Different types of commercial cells
- Products of electrolysis (specially organic and inorganic chemistry-based processes like Kolbe’s electrolytic method for the preparation of hydrocarbons)
- Last year most of the questions of physical chemistry were in Section B (upto decimal two digits). In such questions, students must try to do calculations in the final step for greater accuracy.
- Do rough work, clean and clear. It will minimize calculation mistakes and help re-check or re-attempt that question.
The best way to prepare for the exam is to make a schedule and stick to it. Revise and solve as many problems as you can to increase your ability to select and applying the suitable formula. Also, don’t forget to take regular breaks during your preparation and get adequate sleep every day.