Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
GATE 2020 is required for admissions in the Postgraduate Programmes of Indian and International Universities in the field of Technolgy/Architecture/Engineering/Science. The score is valid for 3 years and can also be considered by PSUs for their recruitments. GATE 2020 will be conducted in CBT mode in selected cities in India along with 6 cities abroad.
GATE 2020 entrance test will be organized for 24 papers. Statistics have been added as the new subject in the syllabus. Students who wish to give the GATE 2020 can apply online or download the Application Form from the official website: gate.iitd.ac.in
Eligibility for GATE 2020
To be eligible to appear in GATE 2020, the candidate must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5-years) / Naval Architecture (4-years) or should be in the final year of such programs.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/technology/ B.S. or should be in the final year of such programs.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or should be in the final year of such programs.
- Hold a Masters degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/ technology or should be in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Hold 5-year Integrated M.sc or Integrated B.sc./M.sc. Dual degree or should be in the final year of such programs.
- Have qualifications obtained through Examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E. /B.TECH. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Application Fee for GATE 2020
The Examination Application Fee for eligible candidates for centers in India is:
- SC/ST/PwD/Femaie Candidates: ₹750
- Other candidates: ₹1500
Application Fee for Examination centers outside India (All Candidates)
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka & Kathmandu: US$50
- Dubai & Singapore: US$100
Important Dates for GATE 2020 are as follows:
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Tuesday||3rd September 2019|
|Online Application Submission Closing Date||Tuesday||24th September 2019|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)||Tuesday||1st October 2019|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||Friday||15th November 2019|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||Friday||3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Examination
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|1st February 2020
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
|Result Announcement||Monday||16th March 2020|