The fear of Coronavirus is prevailing not only in our country but in the entire world. In such a situation many people have stuck away from home and trying to reach their home town violating the lockdown. Amidst the crises Educational City, Kota has set an example by following the lockdown with discipline.
Around 35000 students from Kashmir to Kanyakumari are living in Kota to fulfill their career dream. These students have restricted their lives to hostel rooms these days to follow home isolation. They are dedicatedly following the instructions given by the Government. Along with this the students are also following the guidelines given by the coaching institutes and are utilizing the time productively by preparing for the upcoming exam.
Single Room culture in Kota
Kota follows a single room culture. More than 80 percent of the students in Kota live in a single room while 20 percent of them stay in a double room. Every year more than 1.50 Lac students come to Kota to prepare for engineering and medical entrance examinations. The institutes completed the courses in December only, so most of the students headed towards their home town. Only 20 percent of students whose exam center is in Kota or who will continue their studies in the next session are currently staying in the city.
Following the guidelines of the district administration
The most important guideline given by the district administration to fight against the coronavirus is to maintain social distancing. The students in Kota are able to follow home isolation as they live in hostel rooms where unnecessary outsiders are not allowed. The students are also not allowed to gather in the mess.
Ideal for home isolation
Dr. Vijay Sardana, Principal of Kota Medical College, says that the single room culture of Kota is setting an example for home isolation. A single room attached to the washroom is ideal for social distancing. Along with this hypochlorite, cleaning is also being done in the hostels. Students should not try to go anywhere and stay wherever they are.
In this regard, psychiatrist Dr. Virendra Mewara said Kota has good home isolation conditions. Students are not in contact with anyone. In such a situation, one should do creative work along with studies. They should talk to their family and friends daily through phone or video chat. They should also do yoga or exercise daily and follow the daily schedule. This will help them to remain healthy and productively utilize this time.
Due to COVID-19 outbreak, ALLEN Career Institute has taken the social initiative to provide FREE Online DRILL TESTS for students appearing in NEET UG & JEE Main 2020. Click Here to Join: Get Free Drill Test Series
Every student is getting help
Sh Naveen Maheshwari, director of Allen Career Institute said Students and parents need not worry about anything. The entire ALLEN family is taking care of the students as their child. ALLEN is playing a crucial role in making a safer and secure environment for students by providing 24/7 support and all kind of basic supplies to students. They are being provided with food and medical supplies in support of the district administration. Helpline numbers have been issued in Kota by the Allen Student Welfare Society for emergencies. These Special Round the clock helpline numbers have been issued for the students to call if they need any help so that they don’t have to step out.
Every Student is safe in Kota, District Collector
District Collector Sh Om Kasera said, students, are completely safe in Kota. No positive case of the Corona Virus has been detected because the students are in hostels following complete isolation. Students are given all the possible support. To solve their problem, 8 helpline numbers have been issued and every problem is being resolved on time.
These features make Kota an ideal place
- More than 35000 students are staying in hostels. 80 percent of the students in Kota live in a single room while 20 percent of them stay in a double room. Only 10-20 percent of students are currently staying in the city.
- Students are not allowed to gather in mess for having food instead they are allowed to have food in their rooms
- Students are not in contact with anyone. They are following the lockdown completely.
- In case of a medical emergency, the team of Allen Student Welfare Society is available 24*7 for the students.
- Hostels and mess operators have provided sanitizer and other facilities to the students.
- The Counselors and faculties are also asked to stay connected with the children through phone or WhatsApp. Students can contact the faculty anytime through their mobiles in case of any problem during their studies.
- ALLEN Career Institute has introduced Free drill tests for the students so that they can prepare for the exam seamlessly while staying at home.
- ALLEN has also assigned mentors to the students, who are in regular contact with the students.