Education Minister Subhas Sarkar Has Disclosed It in A Written Reply in Rajya Sabha
Common university entrance test (CUET) UG is an entrance examination to grant admission to central universities. In a momentous announcement, the Education Ministry has revealed that the CUET UG for undergraduate admissions is not based on the CBSE syllabus.
CUET UG Based On The General Understanding Of Class 12 Subjects & Not CBSE
Education Minister Subhas Sarkar in his written remarks in Rajya Sabha informed that the CUET UG is not based on CBSE syllabus but rather the broad comprehension of many class 12 subjects. The CUET UG test evaluates students from various boards equally.
The test evaluates students from all boards equally because the syllabus is based on broad understanding of subjects at the class 12 level, he said. In order to lessen the load on students, universities, and the overall educational system, the CUET UT is being performed for admission in central universities beginning with the academic year 2022–2023.
Minister also disclosed that there is no plan to scrap any school board and recognize only one from which students can take class 12 examinations before appearing for the CUET.
CUET UG Second Largest Entrance Exam in The Country
The CUET UG is the second-largest entrance examination in the country in terms of the number of applicants. Over 11.11 lakh candidates had taken the second edition of CUET UG held this year.
- 55th National Mathematics Talent Contests Announced
- ALLENITES Secure 45 Seats in CS Branch of IIT Bombay
- Registration Begins for CBSE Science Challenge 2023-24
- Country’s 3 IITs & 12 NITs Remove Branch Change Option
- JoSAA Counselling Second Mock Seat Allocation 2023 Declared
- Registration & Choice Filling For JoSAA Counselling 2023 Begins
- JoSAA Counselling 2023 Second Round Seat Allotment On 6th July
- Mathematical Olympiad 2023-2024 – Announcement of the Stages
- First Mock Seat Allotment Of JoSAA Counselling 2023 On 25th June
- 787 Seats Increased in IITs Of The Country, 25 New Branches in 7 IITs
- IIT Kharagpur Offers New Courses: BS Courses With 6 Specialisations
- JoSAA Counselling 2023: First Round Seat Allotment Result Announced
- Engineering Institutes Where the Board Eligibility for Admission is Not 75%
- JoSAA Counselling 2023 – Students Participation Dips Due To Board Eligibility
- JAC Counselling 2023 Offers Admission On 6372 Seats Of DTU, IIIT Delhi & NCUT