From a Small – Town Guy to Becoming a Liver Transplant Surgeon
Living upto his name, Sahil Gupta was like shore to the ocean of immense possibilities and hard work. It’s the genuine story of how a boy from a really small town is about to become one of the fewest liver transplant surgeons in the country.
He is very passionate about his studies as well as his career. His passion has definitely made him come a long way in the medical field. Having completed his MBBS from AIIMS in 2012, then M.S. in General Surgery from AIIMS itself in 2016, he is currently pursuing his super specialization in Hepato-Pancreato- Biliary and Liver Transplant Surgery at ILBS hospital, New Delhi. He aspires to be a liver transplant surgeon and wants to reach the masses in Rajasthan by aiding them with easy accessibility of liver transplants and super specialty care.
Coming from the smallest town of Sadul Shahar, Sri Ganagnagar district, Rajasthan, he was inspired to become a doctor starting from his very origin with his father, Dr. Brij Bhushan Gupta being an eminent physician himself. His mother, Mrs. Usha Rani, is a homemaker and has always encouraged and supported him in his decision of choosing this noble profession.
The Formative Years
What a student learns in his formative years becomes a part of him for life.
Sahil says “It has been 12 years since I left ALLEN, but the values I learned there have been with me since in my habits and study patterns”.
For him, it all started back in 2005 when he joined ALLEN Career Institute, Kota. He adds “ALLEN provided the right guidance and direction to my efforts”.
At the stage of life that he is right now, remembering his formative days and the institution that built it all, Sahil says “Joining ALLEN was the best decision of my life. It helped me lay down a very strong foundation to build on, in terms of my career. Not just education, the team at ALLEN also helped me emotionally when I needed it. The entire ALLEN team gave me confidence and provided me a homely environment in which I could flourish”.
The Best of Experiences
“I remember a couple of such incidents. The first happened was only 10 days into the course. I had an accident and cut my forehead badly. The wound was deep and had to be stitched. I received constant support and care from all the staff members, they took good care of me. This had a deep impact on me and established a relationship between me and the ALLEN team.
Watch this Video 👇🏻 & ‘Meet upcoming Sahil Gupta AIR-8 | RPMT – 1, 2007’
The foundation that ALLEN laid and the spirit of hard work that it embedded in keeps me moving ahead in life. The team at ALLEN induced an unexpected and unexplored level of confidence in me. I’ll always be thankful to all of you for this.
- 2007: 8th rank in the All India Pre-Medical Test
- 2007: 1st rank in the Rajasthan State Pre-Medical Test
- 2007: 99 percentile in National Biology Olympiad
- 2007: 99 percentile in National Chemistry Olympiad
- 2007: Central Board of Secondary Education Merit Scholarship
- 2006: 1st position in National Science Olympiad (conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation-SFO, India)
- 2006: 1st position in National Level Science Talent Search Examination (conducted by Unified Council, India)
- 2016: First rank in Surgery quiz in ENDOSURG conference New Delhi, India.
- 2011: Nominated Dr. Satyanand Medal for the Best Undergraduate Student in Psychiatry.
- 2016: Represented India as a part of the Youth Delegation visiting South Korea.
- 2013: Travel grant for attending AIDS vaccine 2013 conference.
- 2012: Research grant from ICMR for paper presentation at Keystone symposia, 2012.
Legends of ALLEN Blogs
- An Aspirant Who Traversed Difficult Terrain – From A Hepatitis-B Suffering Student To A Neurosurgeon
- Inspiration to serve the society made Aditya a doctor
- Fascination for Science makes Yash a doctor, First Doctor from his Biz family