Check Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Fee, & More About National Mathematics Talent Contests
The National Mathematics Talent Contests (NMTC) are organized by The Association of Mathematics Teachers of India (AMTI) since the year 1968. NMTC has been announced and its last date for response is 31st August 2023. Last year (in the 54th National level tests), in spite of the prevailing pandemic, 30347 students spread all over India participated at the screening level. About 10% of them were selected for the finals. Merit certificates and prizes were awarded to the deserving students selected in the final.
You Might Like:- Mathematical Olympiad 2023-2024 – Announcement of the Stages
AIM of the Tests:
To identify and encourage students who have the capacity for original and creative thinking, willingness to attempt unfamiliar and non-routine problems, and exhibiting a general mathematical ability appropriate to their level.
Students from Schools, Junior Colleges of all boards, Degree Colleges and Technical Institutions in India.
The medium will be only ENGLISH (for all levels).
Rs.150/- per candidate ( Out of this, Rs.125/- per candidate should be sent to AMTI, and the Institution retaining Rs.25/- per candidate for all expenses, including the download and printing the question papers from the mail supply of the answer sheets and the invigilation charges.
Recommended topics for NMTC exam
Trending Post:- Last Minute Tips for JEE Advanced 2023
Mode of Examination
- Every candidate except the senior level will take two tests- Preliminary Test and Final Test.
- Senior (Degree College) level students will take only the final test.
- The date and time of the examination stipulated by AMTI should be strictly followed and cannot be altered by the centers.
The Preliminary test will be conducted in the participating schools itself by the school. Preliminary test will be of objective type for Primary, Sub-Junior, Junior and Inter levels and will be of 2 hours duration. The Preliminary level questions will comprise of Multiple choice , Fill in the blanks problems, etc. roughly with the following levels of difficulty:
- 20% of the questions that are of moderate level
- 80% of questions with higher level of difficulty,
Some What Similar to Olympiad
Students selected at the Preliminary level test will get certificates which may be treated as the Hall Ticket for the final examination.
Final (Second Level) Test
Only the candidates selected at the preliminary level can appear for the final. It is 3-hours test of subjective type questions reflecting the syllabi of PRMO, RMO, INMO and IMO. The final examination will be held in their respective Institutions.
Last Date for entries 31st August 2023 Stage-1 Preliminary Test 07th October 2023 (Saturday) 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
Declaration of Result of Stage-1 Test
21st October 2023
Stage-2 Final Test –
Tentatively on 04th November 2023 (Saturday) 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Announcement of Results in First week of December 2023
Follow Up Programme
Cash Awards to the top 3 winners in each level at the finals, (1st position Rs.5000/-, 2nd Rs.2500/- and 3rd Rs.1250/-), Merit Certificates for them and others selected at the final level with Rs. 500/- cash award for the latter also will be given based on their revealing a reasonable level of mathematical maturity. Enrichment contact courses are likely to be organized for the promising toppers. Prizes and the Merit Certificates will be distributed to all the prize winners during our AMTI ANNUAL CONFERENCE in December 2023. Details of our conference will be sent to the prize winners separately.
How to Apply for Institutions:
- Download the Data Consolidation Sheet and Excel format of name list from our website – amtionline.com under the head “NMTC”.
- The school should fill up both Data Consolidation Sheet and Excel format of name list.
- Filled Data Consolidation Sheet and Excel format of name list (only excel format accepted) send it to AMTI through email firstname.lastname@example.org along with the details of fees transfer.
- Incomplete entries are not acceptable.
- Fill in the details in English.
- Amount transfer appropriately (Online account transfer (NEFT, IMPS, etc.)) (Namely, Rs. 125 ´ number of entries – only for institutions).
Recommended Read Blogs:
- Check JEE Main 2023 Session 1 Toppers List
- 11 Tips for Success in NEET 2023
- Study Hacks of the Toppers – Key to Success
- Tips for Students to Build a Strong Foundation
- Benefits of Daily Routine for Success in JEE and NEET
- Ace NEET UG 2023 With ALLEN’s T20 Video Series
- 8 Students of ALLEN Scored Overall 100 Percentile in JEE Main 2023
- JEE Main 2023 Session 1 Exam Result Out, Check Here Now
- ALLEN Digital Major Online Test Series for JEE & NEET Preparation
- ALLEN Career Institute Offers Free Sample Papers for JEE, NEET & Other Exams
- ALLEN Digital PNCF Students Shine in IMO level-1 Result, Session 2022-23
- ALLEN Digital PNCF Shines in NSO Level-1 Result, Session 2022-23